none
HL7, accessing the MSH schema after disassembly without an orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• I know the messages created by the DASM are multi part messages, so I'm just trying to get a clearer understanding here. If I have a receive location with the DASM and have a send port with a filter on the message type of the HL7 document passed, it will output only the body segment. I'm guessing that is the purpose of denoting the "BodySegment" bool during multi part message construction. But I'm wanting to see if there is a way that such a set up could also output the MSH schema content in addition to or instead of the body.

This is for some testing and support utilities I'm working on and knowing if this is possible without an orchestration might make my task a bit easier.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:42 PM

All replies

• After some testing it seems that the only way is to use an orchestration

You can use something similar to the Message Enrichment Tutorial included in the documentation but receive the HL7 text message that contains the 3 parts (MSHSegment, BodySegments and ZSegments). 

1)      Receive the inbound Multi Part Message defined to the (MSHSegment, BodySegments and ZSegments).

2)      Construct a MSHOut_Msg, Message Type - BTAHL7Schemas.MSH_25_GLO_DEF. 

3)      Add a construct shape and add the code MSHOut_Msg = FinalSepMsg.MSHSegment;

4)      Send the MSHOut_Msg constructed in step 2. 

5)      They can add any other code to process the BodySegments or the ZSegments.

Best Regards, Imelda
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Hi Bon Franklin,

You may try this.

if you can identify the Body Part Selection Algorithm Used by your adapter and modify your three parts header information before the adapter processes it

header information is the key here.

wbr,

prasadpnvrk

regards, pnvrkprasad
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:56 AM