The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Getting AADSTS50020 when trying to sign in to feedback.azure.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to sign in to https://feedback.azure.com using my MS account to post some feedback, but sign in fails with the following message.

Request Id: 0454e37c-25a3-4b22-a42e-d8873a9b7d00
    Correlation Id: 5fcdc32e-cd52-4af9-8583-921beb138b91
    Timestamp: 2019-05-07T13:26:36Z
    Message: AADSTS50020: User account '****@*******.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'UserVoice, Inc.' and cannot access the application '91a42e81-999b-4cf1-aa36-bb33f25ff53b'(windowsazure.uservoice.com) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I think that I was able to sign in to feedback.azure.com in the past. I'm able to sign in to other MS services (like https://azure.microsoft.com, or https://microsoft.com itself) using my MS account, but for https://feedback.azure.com it fails.

Not sure if I ask in the right place. Please direct me where should I ask, if it would it be better to ask it in the different place.

• Edited by 7846 Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:00 PM p.s.
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hi 7846,

Was this an old account? 

There are some reasons for why this can happen but generally it's due to inactivity. 

You must sign in to your Microsoft account periodically, at a minimum every year, to keep services associated with your Microsoft account active.

If you don't sign in during this period, we will close your account (which means you won’t have access to the Windows Services, Office Services, Content stored in your account, and any other product or service that uses Microsoft account).

Microsoft services agreement

Once the account is closed the email address is placed in a security hold for at least 30 days. ( in limbo / doesn't exit at that particular time)  
    At the end of that time anyone may be able to create a new account or an alias using the same email address.
    The data is gone however

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:15 AM

All replies

• Can you check whether it allows you to create a new account with that username? 

I just tested with my account and was able to sign in just fine. When I made my account on that page about a year ago I remember that I had to sign up and it was not just integrated with all other Microsoft services. 

It does not appear to be a widespread issue with the site. 

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:15 PM
  • Hi, Marilee

I tried following:

1. at feedback.azure.com I clicked "Sign in with: (MS icon)"
    2. popup form appeared, where I clicked "No account? Create one!"
    3. I entered my MS account e-mail '****@*******.com' and got message: ****@*******.com is already a Microsoft account. If it's yours, sign in now.
    4. I clicked "sign in", the popup form closed and "Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again." message appeared near "Sign in with:" button

I was able to sign in to feedback.azure.com after I clicked Forgot password? link and followed password reset procedure. So, now I'm able to sign in to feedback.azure.com using e-mail which is same to my MS account, but using different password (related to feedback.azure.com account seemingly). Sign in with MS account still fails with the error same to posted originally.

It is confusing a bit, because of sign in with MS account fails and it makes me think that I cannot sign in at all, where as actually I can, but I should sign in directly to feedback.azure.com, because of single sign on fails.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:35 AM
  • Hi 7846,

Was this an old account? 

There are some reasons for why this can happen but generally it's due to inactivity. 

You must sign in to your Microsoft account periodically, at a minimum every year, to keep services associated with your Microsoft account active.

If you don't sign in during this period, we will close your account (which means you won’t have access to the Windows Services, Office Services, Content stored in your account, and any other product or service that uses Microsoft account).

Microsoft services agreement

Once the account is closed the email address is placed in a security hold for at least 30 days. ( in limbo / doesn't exit at that particular time)  
    At the end of that time anyone may be able to create a new account or an alias using the same email address.
    The data is gone however

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Let me know if this helps answer.
    Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:03 PM
  • Was this an old account? 

Yes, it was old account. Seems I didn't signed in longer than a year.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Thanks for following up.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:53 PM