Intel GMA 950 on Windows 8

Question

• Why intel gma 950 on windows 8 is detected with exclamation mark in device manager, with code 35,whereas in Windows 7 this vga is working normally
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hey Fidelis Andryanus,

Try visiting your computer/motherboard manufacturer's website to find instructions and a download for the latest BIOS update for your computer's motherboard.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:34 AM

All replies

• Are you using the default driver Windows Developer Preview installs, or did you download the driver from the manufacturer's website?  Post the driver and specifications of the chipset you are using and we will escalate the info for further review.

rafael

Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:21 PM
    Answerer
  • I was able to install Windows 7 drivers. Using original Asus Eee PC T91MT (Intel gma 950) drivers. Just had to force the installer to be in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Now I'm able to run resolutions above 800x600 and smoother UI.

Monday, September 19, 2011 11:07 PM
  • I use intel 945 chipset with intel GMA 950 integrated graphics, first i use the default windows driver, but i had this problem, so i try to use newest driver from the intel website, but this problem still appear.

this is the screenshot.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Sorry, can't give you any further help.

Just want to know if it's just a "Device Manager error" or do you have any actual Problems regarding this message?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:27 PM
  • Hey Fidelis Andryanus,

Try visiting your computer/motherboard manufacturer's website to find instructions and a download for the latest BIOS update for your computer's motherboard.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hey Fidelis Andryanus,

Steven
    thank's, i update the bios firmware, and it's work fine and normally again
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:48 AM
  • I'm glad to have helped and thanks for the feedback!

Steven
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 1:11 AM