How to determine what version of .Net Framework is being used by server? RRS feed

• Question

• User178896576 posted

I've seen a couple of items on the web about going to regedit and looking at HKLM>Software>NET Framework Setup>NDP and seeing what version folders exist to determine the running version. On the machine I'm working on, I have v2.0.50727, v3.0, v3.5, v4, and v4.0.

I'm trying to run v4.5, and I have installed it via the online download. I do not know if there should be a v4.5 folder at the registry location I mentioned, but it seems like there should be.

The problem I'm having is when I run an sdpx page off the server, I get an error stating Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. So, this I assume is telling me that the server is not using the 4.5 framework. If I take out the targetFramework attribute from the config.web files, I get another error saying it cannot locate System.Web.Extensions v4.0.0.0. I have the site's application pool set to .Net 4.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Answers

• User-1716253493 posted

Maybe your app not using default pool, if using default app pool, it should work or saying net 4 error.

Just make sure what is app pool name used by your app (site or virtual directory), which net version used by this app pool

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:48 PM

All replies