Sharing Isolated Storage between WPF and Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to share isolated storage between a WPF application and a Silverlight application. My scenario is:

I have a WPF application which has a page which hosts a Silverlight application within WebBrowser control. I want to share sensitive data between the WPF application and the silverlight application. I therefore want push data from my WPF application into isolated storage and have the Silverlight application read that data from the same isolated storage.

Thanks

Richie 

Sunday, December 6, 2009 6:49 PM

Answers

• If you could "share" data in isloated storage it wouldn't be isolated anymore.

Sunday, December 6, 2009 7:18 PM
  • "Trusted access" sounds nice. No, you can't share. Every app has its own Isolated Storage. As slayer said, therefore it's called "Isolated". You even don't know the full path of your application's Isolated Storage.

Monday, December 7, 2009 5:09 AM

All replies

• If you could "share" data in isloated storage it wouldn't be isolated anymore.

Sunday, December 6, 2009 7:18 PM

I do realise that...by share I meant trusted access

Monday, December 7, 2009 5:06 AM
  • "Trusted access" sounds nice. No, you can't share. Every app has its own Isolated Storage. As slayer said, therefore it's called "Isolated". You even don't know the full path of your application's Isolated Storage.

Monday, December 7, 2009 5:09 AM
  • Hi, this is very helpful information, I'm building a WPF app and it wrap a Silverlight application (WPF use WebBrowser host Silverlight app). So how can I passing value from WPF to Silverlight inside it? (Passing an image to silverlight for example)?

Thank you.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:10 PM