Create New Build Definition on TFS2015:Build->Test->Release RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have migrated .NET project from VS2010 to VS2015 and I need help on Created new build definition on TFS2015 and execute ->Test ->Release.

Can any one provide me process in step by step then i can follow the same.

Thanks

Subramanyam

+91-9967970183

Monday, November 7, 2016 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Subramanyam,

Thank you for posting here.

What did you mean about “Execute” , “Test” and “Release”? And did you want to use Vnext Build? Please describe your problem in more detail.

In Vnext build, you could use Visual Studio Build task to build the solution. If you want to publish the files you could specify the MSbuild arguments: /p:DeployOnBuild=true;PublishProfile=Name in the build task. Then use the Visual Studio Test to run test.

Finally, if you want to deploy the project on IIS, you could use the task WinRM-IIS Web App Deployment task, to use this task, you need to install the extension first.

If you want to try to use the build-deploy-test workflow in Vnext build, you could refer to the following thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7f6e0393-14cf-405e-84cb-848efdb45cda/does-vnext-builds-support-the-deploy-and-test-workflow-?forum=tfsbuild

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Hi Subramanyam Maddu,

Is there update? Have you solved the problem? If a reply help you solve the problem, Would you please mark the reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue as yours. Please feel free to come back if you have any other problems.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 3:26 AM