none
How can I configure a party such that this party can submit both 4010 and 5010 transaction? RRS feed

• Question

• I try to configure a party such that this party can submit both 4010 and 5010 transactions. 

I encounter error related to ISA11 field.

When I submit a 4010 transaction, I need to uncheck the 'Use ISA11 as repetition separator' box in the X12 Interchange Processing Properties page of the party.  If not I will encounter error if the character 'U' in ISA11 appears as content inside the transaction.

On the other hand, if I submit a 5010 transaction and left the 'Use ISA11 as repetition separator' box uncheck, I will encounter the following error:

Error: 2 (Field level error)

SegmentID: ISA

Position in TS: 1

Data Element ID: ISA11

Position in Segment: 11

Data Value: ^

7: Invalid code value.

The character in ISA11 in 5010 transaction is '^'.

Is there any setting or trick I can use such that I don't have to adjust the 'Use ISA11 as repetition separator' box everytime a different version of EDI is submitted by the party.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem you are describing is not because of Version of the document but actually it is because of different kind of ISA11s you are using for one party. It can happen with the same verion document as well.

So for solving it You can right a pipline component and put it before edi-receive pipeline component. In this pipline component you can search ISA11 and replace with 'U' if you do not want to use it.

But I think the problem will come further becauase if you have '^' in ISA11 then most probably you would be using it in document as repetition separator. So please check if you are not using '^' in the doc and then apply this pipeline component.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    • Marked as answer by okassio Friday, August 27, 2010 12:14 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem you are describing is not because of Version of the document but actually it is because of different kind of ISA11s you are using for one party. It can happen with the same verion document as well.

So for solving it You can right a pipline component and put it before edi-receive pipeline component. In this pipline component you can search ISA11 and replace with 'U' if you do not want to use it.

But I think the problem will come further becauase if you have '^' in ISA11 then most probably you would be using it in document as repetition separator. So please check if you are not using '^' in the doc and then apply this pipeline component.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    • Marked as answer by okassio Friday, August 27, 2010 12:14 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:12 PM
  • Thanks for the pointer.

It give me idea in how to handle the problem.

Thanks

Friday, August 27, 2010 12:18 AM
  • Hi,

I am facing similar issue, where I have to process 4010 and 5010 834 documents for the same ISA identifiers in Biztalk 2010. Do you have any solution on this?

Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:48 PM