App name with non-latin characters showing as ???? after being updated RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few issues regarding the Marketplace details following an update to one of my apps using Dev Center. I would be grateful for some help with this, and I hope the feedback is useful. I had tried submitting a support ticket but I kept receiving an error and was asked to try again.

My app, Calculator², is available in a few different languages, one of them being Russian. I've updated the app using Dev Center and the app has recently been published. In the Russian Marketplace, and in the Russian language details page in Dev Center, the app name is now showing as ???????????² instead of Калькулятор². The app name migrated correctly from App Hub and the issue has only arisen since the update using Dev Center. My guess is that there is an issue reading app names with non-latin characters from the uploaded xap file.

On a similar note, the Marketplace description for the app is now double spaced wherever a new line is used, even though I did not input it this way. This is something that has changed with the new Dev Center compared to App Hub, and I don't believe the formatting looks very good, particularly on the phone. There doesn't currently seem to be a way to edit the formatting during the submission process. Surely it would be better not to have any formatting (as was the case with App Hub) and allow developers to use multiple new lines if they want to space out paragraphs in the description?

Finally, I noticed that there are now 5 fields during the submission process for inserting keywords (which is a much better system). Without a space in front of each keyword they are shown on the details page in Dev Center as one long word separated by commas. This isn't a problem for the Marketplace but just an aesthetic issue for Dev Center. For example, the keywords: keyword1, keyword2, keyword3, keyword4, keyword5 would show in the details page as keyword1,keyword2,keywo, which as you can see is cut short because there are no spaces to allow wrapping to a new line.

Friday, August 17, 2012 5:40 PM

Answers

• This issue has now been fixed and I will mark this thread as answered.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

At the moment our e-form for support requests is down, but once we get it back up (will be announced in forums) please submit a ticket. We would like to work with you on the app title issue.

Regarding the feedback, thanks! Our engineers behind the Dev Center will be notified of these aesthetic issues.

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

• Proposed as answer by dwelzel Monday, August 20, 2012 10:24 PM
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:09 AM
  • This issue has now been fixed and I will mark this thread as answered.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:54 AM