Localization issues in metro style app RRS feed

• Question

• I have a metro style app created from Visual Studio 11 template. I created strings\en\Resources.resx and string\cs\Resources.resx. I have an english Windows 8 installation set to czech (cs) locale. When I run the application english resources from strings\en\Resources.resx are always picked up. Date formating is also in english locale (DateTime.ToString() showing english month names). When I delete strings\en\Resources.resx the string\cs\Resources.resx gets picked up and everything works just fine. 

Can anyone help? I also tried to set the Neutral language in assemlby settings to Czech and edited DefaultLanf in .csproj but nothing seems to work.

Monday, May 14, 2012 12:21 PM

All replies

• @Igor - to clarify, these are RESW files right?  Also what is the value of DefaultLanguage in the csproj?  And in your language list even though you have locale (assume you mean regional settings) set to Czech, does your language list still show English first?

Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:27 PM