none
Moving MS Access Database to SQL and what to use for programming RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of clients that would like to upgrade their MS Access applications to a more robust database. It needs to be accessable via the web. These clients have some pretty complex calculations behind the scenes. I'm not sure what tools to look into that would handle these types of applications. I would assume that upgrading the data side to SQL would make sense but what would be the best thing to use to redevelope the appllication itself. I would appreciate some help on what to look at.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:03 PM

Answers

• I would recommend using VB.NET or C# to build the application. Then you can use ADO.NET to access the database.

Hope this helps.
    www.insteptech.com ; msmvps.com/blogs/deborahk
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    • Marked as answer by Bgoat Friday, October 2, 2009 12:58 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Yes, moving from MS Access database to MS SQL SERVER database will help you in performance, security, scalability, and so on.

Since you are looking at accessing the applicaiton via web, you can go with ASP.NET with any language supported by .NET. As Deborahk said you can use VB.NET or C#.

Regards,
    Vishal Mohan
    • Proposed as answer by Jai Mallesh Babu Friday, October 2, 2009 12:06 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 5:06 AM

All replies

• I would recommend using VB.NET or C# to build the application. Then you can use ADO.NET to access the database.

Hope this helps.
    www.insteptech.com ; msmvps.com/blogs/deborahk
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Yes, moving from MS Access database to MS SQL SERVER database will help you in performance, security, scalability, and so on.

Since you are looking at accessing the applicaiton via web, you can go with ASP.NET with any language supported by .NET. As Deborahk said you can use VB.NET or C#.

Regards,
    Vishal Mohan
    • Proposed as answer by Jai Mallesh Babu Friday, October 2, 2009 12:06 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 5:06 AM