none
Alternatives to PayPal RRS feed

• Question

• My question is addressed to experts that have a significant experience in POS systems. Since the POS for .NET forum is now closed, I was directed to put my question on this forum. I am part of a team that works on a project for a big parking lot. One of the features of the system is trying to help repeat customers maintain their account in order, that is pre-pay and top-up their accounts when the balance goes under a set threshold. Our clients do not want to have to deal with the headache of having to store the credit card numbers on file. They would like to use a service that does that for them. Our system would just inform this third party system that account such and such has gone below the threshold and a new payment of $xxx should be processed. The third party system would find the credit card on file associated with the account given by us and would process the payment requested by us. In return we would just receive a confirmation of the payment, if the payment request was approved or a reason for the rejection if the payment request was denied.

Is anyone aware of the existence of such third party systems? PayPal does that, but I was wondering whether there are other solutions out there that would do the same.

TIA,

Ed

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:27 PM

All replies