none
Hello all. I'd appreciate much if you could help :). Am trying to install .net Framework 4 on my pc having an XP SP3 on it. However the end window says installation did not succeed. Here's the log. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all. I'd appreciate much if you could help :). Am trying to install .net Framework 4 on my pc having an XP SP3 on it. However the end window says installation did not succeed. Here's the log.

OS Version = 5.1.2600, Platform 2, Service Pack 3 OS Description = WinXP - x86 Professional Service Pack 3 CommandLine = F:\bf2164e30d8bdf955622bf6fe70efd81\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /ia64 /web Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation: Installing Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup Package Version = 4.0.30319 User Experience Data Collection Policy: UserControlled Number of applicable items: 7

Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:38 AM

All replies

• Please provide complete logs for analysis as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Change the status to "General Discussion"
    We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and click the button "Change Type" at the top of the post. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 17, 2012 9:41 AM