none
BizTalk cannot insert record in DB2 Table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with "BizTalk 2009 Adapters for Host System 2.0" and trying to insert a record in a db2 table which is on a AS400 System i series Os.

I get the following error when the DB2 Send Port tries to insert the record in the table.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009
    Event Category: (1)
    Event ID: 5743
    Date: 2009-10-15
    Time: 11:41:55
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxx

Description:
    The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "Snd_Port1" with URL "DB2://xx.xx.xx.xx:446/Temp/Temp1". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:" in Ø".

-----------------------------

FYI, BizTalk can read the table succesfully if I configure the recieve DB2 adapter with Select query on it.

So I feel its nothing with connection string.

Connection String is as follows.
    User ID=biztalk;Password=***************;Initial Catalog=Temp;Network Transport Library=TCP;Host CCSID=37;PC Code Page=1252;Network Address=xx.xx.xx.xx;Network Port=446;Package Collection=Temp1;Default Schema=Temp1;Process Binary as Character=False;Units of Work=RUW;DBMS Platform=DB2/AS400;Defer Prepare=False;Rowset Cache Size=0;Authentication=Server;Persist Security Info=True;Connection Pooling=False;Derive Parameters=False;

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, NISHIL Http://BiztalkForums.com
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:55 AM

Answers

• Thanks Andrew,
    I figured out the issue.
    I was because Journalisation was not enabled on the table in DB2/AS 400 Database.
    Once it was enabled BizTalk DB2 adapter could successfully insert the data in  db2 table.

The DB2 System Owner said it is not good to enable Journalising and should be avoided  in production DB2 environment.

So is there any other solution to this problem?
    • Marked as answer by Nishil Jain Saturday, November 7, 2009 3:38 PM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi, NISHIL

To troubleshooting this problem:
    1. Check HAT to see if there are any valuable message that would be helpful.
    2. To narrow down the scope of the issue, you can connect DB2 database and insert some data with .NET code to see if it will work or not.

Regards

Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:05 AM
  • Thanks Andrew,
    I figured out the issue.
    I was because Journalisation was not enabled on the table in DB2/AS 400 Database.
    Once it was enabled BizTalk DB2 adapter could successfully insert the data in  db2 table.

The DB2 System Owner said it is not good to enable Journalising and should be avoided  in production DB2 environment.

So is there any other solution to this problem?
    • Marked as answer by Nishil Jain Saturday, November 7, 2009 3:38 PM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

I was wondering whether we could handle it using .NET component inserting record using ADO.NET and calling the method of that component inside an expression shape within an atomic scope.
    Please mark as answer if this helps you. Thanks and warm regards Ambar Ray EAI Architect - Microsoft Technologies
    Friday, November 6, 2009 6:45 AM
  • Hi Ambar,
    I always like to use the BizTalk features and the last option will be a .net helper Class.
    Its less time consuming and efficient.

Saturday, November 7, 2009 3:38 PM