Can I change central admin language afterwards? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to change CA language afterwards?
    The original installation media was not with correct language

Can you reprovision CA WA and SC with different LCID or somehow use another language which has been added afterwards with another language pack?

Or is reinstall my only option?

Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi vipasane,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to change the language of Central Administration to English.

After installing English language pack, you also need to go to the CA Site settings->Language settings->choose English as the alternate language, then open Internet Options of the Internet Explorer and move the language of your choice to the beginning. After that, close your IE, re-open your site with IE.

More information, please refer to the link:

https://olafd.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/switch-language-in-sharepoint-2013/

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, February 7, 2015 8:01 AM

All replies

• Yes you can by installing appropriate language pack.
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:33 PM
  • Hi.

I have installed english language pack.
    How can I have CA in english then?

Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:42 PM
  • Hi vipasane,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to change the language of Central Administration to English.

After installing English language pack, you also need to go to the CA Site settings->Language settings->choose English as the alternate language, then open Internet Options of the Internet Explorer and move the language of your choice to the beginning. After that, close your IE, re-open your site with IE.

More information, please refer to the link:

https://olafd.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/switch-language-in-sharepoint-2013/

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, February 7, 2015 8:01 AM