Import Slide from SharePoint Slide Library into PowerPoint using C#? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to programmatically get a slide from a SharePoint Slide Library, and insert that slide into the active PowerPoint presentation? It needs to happen without physically going to SharePoint, selecting slides, and clicking import to presentation.

Is this possible? I can't find any resources on this exact topic.

More info about what I'm doing:

I can successfully use C# to get SharePoint Lists data  and insert the data into PowerPoint slides, but I am also looking to use a Slide Library to use as template slides for the presentation.

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:42 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your quick response.

I assumed wrong that this would be VSTO because I am using VSTO to create a PowerPoint Add-In.

For others looking for the same answer, I have my question in the General Office Development forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/840b22b4-1409-425d-8345-587771c04f0c/import-slide-from-sharepoint-slide-library-into-powerpoint-using-c?forum=officegeneral

• Marked as answer by DJCJ Live Friday, February 28, 2014 8:23 PM
    • Edited by DJCJ Live Friday, February 28, 2014 8:23 PM
    Friday, February 28, 2014 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hello DJCJ,

It looks like your question is not related to VSTO at all. That's why I'd recommend asking such questions in the General Office Development forum thread instead. There you will get the most qualified feedback.

Anyway, I think you should ask SharePoint developers how to access images in SharePoint. What is related to PowerPoint: The PowerPoint object model provides the Slide object which has the Shapes property. It returns a Shapes collection that represents all the elements that have been placed or inserted on the specified slide, slide master, or range of slides. Then you can use the AddPicture or AddPicture2 method of the Shapes class for creating a picture from an existing/downloaded file. The method returns a Shape object that represents the new picture.

• Unmarked as answer by DJCJ Live Friday, February 28, 2014 8:23 PM
    Friday, February 28, 2014 5:27 PM
  • Thank you for your quick response.

I assumed wrong that this would be VSTO because I am using VSTO to create a PowerPoint Add-In.

For others looking for the same answer, I have my question in the General Office Development forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/840b22b4-1409-425d-8345-587771c04f0c/import-slide-from-sharepoint-slide-library-into-powerpoint-using-c?forum=officegeneral

• Edited by DJCJ Live Friday, February 28, 2014 8:23 PM
    Friday, February 28, 2014 6:50 PM
  • VSTO is not involved in communication between SharePoint and PowerPoint. It is responsible for loading your add-in.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 7:32 PM