AT&T mobile broadband APP stopped working on the Samsung Developers Preview tablet (//Build/ give away) RRS feed

• Question

• The AT&T App gives an error code of "No Error" when staring. No mobile interface appears when you try to connect. The interface shows in the network connection settings but cannot connect from there.  Taking the SIM card out causes the AT&T app to tell me that there is not a SIM card. Putting the SIM card back in gives the same error code of "No Error".  Can the AT&T app be reloaded? or is there something else I can try?

Netsh commands follow:

netsh mbn sh interface

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name               : Mobile broadband
        Description        : GlobeTrotter MO67xx - Network Interface
        GUID               : {4669C755-259F-458B-BB74-C0F6F5B54EAC}
        Physical Address   : 00:00:00:00:00:00
        State              : Not connected
        Device type        : Mobile Broadband device is embedded in the system
        Cellular class     : GSM
        Device Id          : 354153040052002
        Manufacturer       : Option N.V.
        Model              : GTM661W
        Firmware Version   : 1.8.1.0
        Provider Name      : AT&T
        Roaming            : Not roaming
        Signal             : 41%

C:\Users\peter7676\Dropbox\Work>netsh mbn sh pro i=*

Profiles on interface Mobile broadband:
    -------------------------------------
        {5CC5D3C3-9DFB-4F51-8C24-3AEB21C9D777}.purchase
        {5CC5D3C3-9DFB-4F51-8C24-3AEB21C9D777}.internet
        AT&T.1ebebbee36ee1d798136ad8fdabf7f94
        AT&T Purchase.1ebebbee36ee1d798136ad8fdabf7f94

C:\Users\peter7676\Dropbox\Work>netsh mbn sh si i=*

Signal information for interface Mobile broadband:
    -----------------------------------------------
        Signal         : 41%
        RSSI           : 13
        Error Rate     : 0
        Rssi interval  : 30
        Rssi threshold : 5

C:\Users\peter7676\Dropbox\Work>netsh mbn sh conn i=*

Connection information for interface Mobile broadband:
        Interface State       : Not connected
        Register State        : Home
        Register Mode         : Automatic
        Voice call state      : No voice call support / No voice call in progress

C:\Users\peter7676\Dropbox\Work>netsh mbn sh read i=*

Ready information for interface Mobile broadband:
        State            : Ready to power up and register
        Emergency mode   : Off
        Subscriber Id    : 310410450351566
        SIM ICC Id       : 89014103254503515664
        Number of telephone numbers  : 1
            Telephone #1             : 19073155641

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:05 PM

Answers

• Did you use the system refresh feature? If so, there is a known bug where this corrupts the profile list.

You can resolve this in one of two ways:
     1. System Restore
     2. Delete the keys under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Wwansvc\Profiles”
     If you delete the keys, the next time you attempt to connect to the AT&T network you will be presented with an APN selection dialog. If you have activated your account, you will want to chose the "broadband" APN.

If you did not system refresh, this may be a different issue and additional logging may be required to root cause the issue. Let me know and I will follow up with additional instructions.

Thanks,
     -Tripp

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:43 PM

All replies

• i see this problem in another thread. How do we get notified when a fix is available?
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Did you use the system refresh feature? If so, there is a known bug where this corrupts the profile list.

You can resolve this in one of two ways:
     1. System Restore
     2. Delete the keys under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Wwansvc\Profiles”
     If you delete the keys, the next time you attempt to connect to the AT&T network you will be presented with an APN selection dialog. If you have activated your account, you will want to chose the "broadband" APN.

If you did not system refresh, this may be a different issue and additional logging may be required to root cause the issue. Let me know and I will follow up with additional instructions.

Thanks,
     -Tripp

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Yes i did a system refresh and this problem occurred, a subsequent system refresh cleared the problem.the problem then re-occurred when I did a force shutdown using the power switch after the login to my domain hung after the first shutdown following the refresh.another refresh corrected the problem again, there was not a login hang this time.that is my current state.
    Peter Bowers
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:19 PM
  • I am trying the workaround and getting an "error while deleting key." on every profile. I am running regedit from an administrator command prompt. What else do I need to try to get rid of these profiles?
    Peter Bowers
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:55 PM
  • The keys are allowed Full Control by the TrustedInstaller and WwanSvc but not by the Administrators and I cannot change the permissions on the keys.
    Peter Bowers
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:45 PM
  • ok, got them deleted, others probably know how but I will post it here anyway:

Start Regedit, select the key, right-click-->Permissions-->Advanced-->Owner, select Administrators, select the option to apply to child objects, Apply. Then grant Full Control  to "Administrators",

Peter Bowers
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:10 PM