none
SQL Adapter? RRS feed

• Question

• OK I can get the files to insert in the db from the biztalk administration but I need it to insert from the orchestration. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? The main reason I need to do this is because I am using the context accessor functiod and it calls the map from the orchestration. When I tried to have the map called from the orchestration and use the sql adapter from the biztalk admin it gave me invalid stored procedure ST.

I then thought let me try the context accessor from the receive port but it requires the use of a pipeline component and I can not do this because I need to use the edi dissassembler pipeline instead.

Thoughts or sugestions would be much appreciated.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:33 PM

Answers

• Does anyone have an example of this? It seems any class I have called from the orchestration has had unexpected results. By that I mean they get called more than once per file or when I tried to set a global variable from the orchestration it appeared to never get set.
    • Marked as answer by fsubob2004 Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:45 PM

All replies

• Directly from the Orchestration, I would suggest that you write a helper class, as what you are asking is outside of the design of BizTalk and its messaging pattern.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Does anyone have an example of this? It seems any class I have called from the orchestration has had unexpected results. By that I mean they get called more than once per file or when I tried to set a global variable from the orchestration it appeared to never get set.
    • Marked as answer by fsubob2004 Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:45 PM
  • I don't understand why you want to push data from the orchestration, you can use both the context accessor and the edi disassember together.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:53 PM
  • Hey Eric,

I know I probably sound crazy asking these questions but I do not know how to use them together. I was told to use the pipeline that came with the context accessor but if I use that one how can I also use the edi dissassebler? I have only been working with biztalk for a couple months and still do not really understand how everything works together. Should I use the dissassembler from the context accessor in the receive pipeline through biztalk admin or should i use the edi dissambler here and if I use one or the other there where do I use the other one?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:00 PM