none
.net framework 4.5 dlls location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

My development environment is:
    Windows 2008R2; w/ Visual Studio 2012 and .net 4.5

My production / quality server are:
    Windows 2008R2 w/ .net 4.5

When I take my asp.net application from development to qual/prod servers, I get some "not implemented" exceptions.

I found this happens because I use System.Data.Spatial (.net 4.5) , and this is not available in this namespace in .net 4.0

I noticed that on my development machine, my references (for instance System.Data.Entity.dll) point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.5" but this folder does not exist on the qual/prod servers. They only have

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework" with 2 folders: "v3.0" and "v3.5".

I checked the folder "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" on my prod/qual server for the System.Data.Entity and compared (with ILSpy) it with the dll on my development server, and they both have System.Data.Spatial.

But in the dll inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework" with 2 folders: "v3.0" and "v3.5", System.Data.Spatial does no exist.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:04 PM

Answers

All replies