Azure Table Storage Excel CSV Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error "a duplicate property was found" when attempting to import an excel.csv table to Azure table through Azure Table Explorer. In Table Explorer I have the columns defined but no data there now. FIrst column is PartitionKey and Second column is RowKey.. I have double checked and there are no duplicate combos of Partition and Row key. Any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks in advance --- Dan

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:27 PM

Answers

• That's correct. Name the first two columns with the keywords 'PartitionKey' and 'RowKey' and you should be good. There's no need for you to specify the Timestamp as this would be generated once your import succeeds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by DDL19 Sunday, August 6, 2017 5:41 PM
    Sunday, August 6, 2017 8:22 AM

All replies

• Are you referring to Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer? If so, what version of the software are you running?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Yes,. Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer version 0.8.15
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:52 PM
  • You must have defined the ‘PartitionKey’ and ‘RowKey’ property headers twice (or more) in your csv file. You need to specify it just once. I managed to repro this scenario by inserting the headers twice and it resulted in the same error you mentioned. You might also want to take a look at the Azure Table Storage Design Guide for best practices.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:36 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Do I label the first 2 columns of the spreadsheet as Partition Key and row key in the column header or just name it what the value is and the import takes the first 2 as Partition Key and row key? I understand what the azure table definition should be. I am having trouble with defining the excel import source.

Thanks in advance - Dan

Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:13 AM
  • Also ...Do I need to include the Timestamp column in my excel file?
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:24 AM
  • That's correct. Name the first two columns with the keywords 'PartitionKey' and 'RowKey' and you should be good. There's no need for you to specify the Timestamp as this would be generated once your import succeeds.

• Marked as answer by DDL19 Sunday, August 6, 2017 5:41 PM
    Sunday, August 6, 2017 8:22 AM