none
WindowDeactivate event fired by vba statement that changes the .LinkToPrevious property of a Header or Footer RRS feed

• Question

• In Word 2003, 2007 and 2010 when you change the value of the .LinkToPrevious property it appears that a WindowDeactivate event is fired.  In Word 2003 a subsequent DocumentChange event is also fired.  In 2007 and 2010 the document change event does not appear to fire.

activedocument.Sections(2).Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).LinkToPrevious=false

Why is the deactivate event firing under these conditions?  This would appear to be a bug.

Thanks
    Hugh

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Hugh,

This might be your personal issue as I have tested it both my machine and my colleague's machine and such issue doesn't happened. Would you like to post the whole procedure so that we can see what actually cause the WindowDeactivate event been triggered?

I look forward to hearing of you soon.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Hugh,

This might be your personal issue as I have tested it both my machine and my colleague's machine and such issue doesn't happened. Would you like to post the whole procedure so that we can see what actually cause the WindowDeactivate event been triggered?

I look forward to hearing of you soon.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:28 AM
  • Any update Hugh?

Calvin Gao[MSFT]

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:38 AM