Biztalk 2010 -Generating instance for an sp for package containing multiple stored procedures RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have created a biztalk 2010 application.

I created a schema for a package containing multiple sps.

But when i generate instance for that schema the shema containing first sp is created.

How could i create schema for a particular sp from it?

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Suja

There is a property in the schema property page in Visual Studio called Root Reference (right-click the Schema -> Properties).

You can set the correct RootNode in that property for the Oracle procedure that you need (it will show up as a drop-down in a multi-root schema like you have). After this change, if you do a Generate Instance, you will get the correct XML message that conforms to your Oracle procedure schema -

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:11 PM
  • Hi Suja,

Whenever there are multiple rootnodes in a schema structure, you need to specifically set the RootReference property for that schema. By default the rootreference has a value of "default". You can select from the drop down whatever root node you want the instance to be generated, then save the changes and then generate the instance...it will generate the necessary instances.

Caution: In case you change the root reference to some value just to generate the instance of schema, make sure you reset it back to the previous value ..if not done then the solution will throw compile time error.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

• Marked as answer by Suja Balan Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:15 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Suja

There is a property in the schema property page in Visual Studio called Root Reference (right-click the Schema -> Properties).

You can set the correct RootNode in that property for the Oracle procedure that you need (it will show up as a drop-down in a multi-root schema like you have). After this change, if you do a Generate Instance, you will get the correct XML message that conforms to your Oracle procedure schema -

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:11 PM
  • Hi Suja,

Whenever there are multiple rootnodes in a schema structure, you need to specifically set the RootReference property for that schema. By default the rootreference has a value of "default". You can select from the drop down whatever root node you want the instance to be generated, then save the changes and then generate the instance...it will generate the necessary instances.

Caution: In case you change the root reference to some value just to generate the instance of schema, make sure you reset it back to the previous value ..if not done then the solution will throw compile time error.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

• Marked as answer by Suja Balan Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:15 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:15 PM
  • I could generate instance for that stored procedure
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:23 PM