none
Bug in SB-messaging adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

during a talk last week on the Dutch BizTalk Usergroup I encountered a (what I consider) bug in the new BTS 2013 SB-messaging adapter. I don't know if anyone of you guys have encountered this bug yet. I don't think this is a feature ;) I will also report the scenario to Microsoft and hope it will get solved before RTM.

Please consider the following scenario:

Scenario:

1. You receive a message from the Azure service bus (queue or topic/subscription) that contains brokered message properties. You receive this message with the new SB-Messaging adapter.
    2. You tick the “Promote Brokered Message Properties” on the receive adapter properties and use a namespace that doesn’t exist in BizTalk (see screenshot).

Expected result:

The message was received and suspended. An error or warning in the event log.

Actual result:

The result was a total of 20 warnings in the event log (screenshot). No suspended message could be found. The lock on the message on the queue or topic won’t be released and message resides on the queue or topic and can’t be received again, since it contains a lock. The message will probably live on the topic until the TTL expires.

There are two types of warnings logged in the event log:

Warning type 1:

The   adapter "SB-Messaging" raised an error message. Details   "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0C01620): Exception   from HRESULT: 0xC0C01620

at   Microsoft.BizTalk.TransportProxy.Interop.IBTTransportBatch.MoveToSuspendQ(IBaseMessage   msg)

at   Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.Batch2.MoveToSuspendQ(IBaseMessage   message, Object userData)

at   Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkReceiveBatch.SuspendMessageIfNeeded(IBaseMessage   message, StreamAndUserData streamAndUserData, Int32 messageStatus)".

Warning type 2:

The   adapter "SB-Messaging" raised an error message. Details   "System.Exception: Loading property information list by namespace failed   or property not found in the list. Verify that the schema is deployed   properly.

at   Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.EndOperation(IAsyncResult   result)

at AsyncInvokeEndEndTwoWayMethod(Object ,   Object[] , IAsyncResult )

at   System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.AsyncMethodInvoker.InvokeEnd(Object instance,   Object[]& outputs, IAsyncResult result)

at   System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeEnd(MessageRpc&   rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage7(MessageRpc&   rpc)

at   System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean   isOperationContextSet)".

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hey, I will report your bug on the Connect forum for the BizTalk 2013 beta. I will report back here when I hear anything more.

Thanks!

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

• Marked as answer by Roborop Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:28 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hey, I will report your bug on the Connect forum for the BizTalk 2013 beta. I will report back here when I hear anything more.

Thanks!

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

• Marked as answer by Roborop Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:28 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:53 PM
  • At a minimum, I would expect a better error message right?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hey Ben,

I asked the guys at Microsoft NL and they have also sent it to the BizTalk team and the will pick it up, so that's good news! I will mark your response as answer, so this gets closed, but people will be able to find it on the internet.

And I agree, I was lost at first and noticed the messages were locked on the queue/topic itself and I couldn't pick them up again. So a suspended message/service with an error would be better :)

Rob

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hi Rob

What was the fix for the above error. When trying to promote property while using the SB-Messaging adapter, I am getting the below error.

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        BizTalk Server
    Date:          10/22/2014 4:45:20 PM
    Event ID:      5740
    Task Category: BizTalk Server
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    The adapter "SB-Messaging" raised an error message. Details "System.Exception:
    Loading property information list by namespace failed or property not found in the list. Verify that the schema is deployed properly.

With Best Regards

Ambareesh Surendran

Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:46 AM
  • Thanks for sharing, I was pulling my hair trying to resolve this error
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:13 AM