How to request additional data with WER? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to WER (actually, just registered a few days ago).

I've managed to establish an account and map my test application to it.

However, when I invoke an unhandled exception, I see that no additional files are collected (there is proper report in Solutions center with BucketID <> 8). I expect that files like Version.txt, AppCompat.txt and minidump.mdmp will be collected. I also tried to add file by using WerRegisterFile. No errors, but no files are sent either.

I've read this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/isvwindowserrors/thread/1fa36bda-23cf-4dc4-ad7d-c62edf5dbb14/

It says that additional data is only collected, if server asks for it. So, my question is (may be it sounds stupid, but...): how can I request additional data? I've scanned everything in my profile, but the only useful options are related to product/file mappings.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:03 AM (From:Windows Error Reporting for ISVs)
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:23 PM

All replies

• If it's a new event or only has a few hits you probably just need to wait for cabs to be added. 

You can control data collection from the event details page. Look for "Data Request" and then click the icon to the right of it. You'll get a popup window where you can specify the number of cabs to request. You can also use this window to ask WinQual to collect the heap, specific files, etc. 

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:10 PM