How can I send error report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all ,

I need to know how to send a report with informations if my program throws an exception in Try - Catch exception block ??

Many thanks in advance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help ,Don't forget to Vote the answer as Helpful if it helps
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:39 PM

Answers

• There's no standard way to do that so you can do pretty much anything you want here.

If you know device has email configured then you can send yourself an email with this information.

If you know there's network connection then you can upload that data via web service.

If you have connection to the database then you can submit it to that database.

If you have occasional connectivity then you can store the information locally and then upload as connectivity is availible.

So just do whatever makes sense for your case.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:14 AM
  • The tutorial you were asking seems to be too specific to find. Here is a thread which can show you how to send emails:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/885b5bff-2fbb-4ac7-a1d2-14fe7169d11b 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Friday, April 16, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• If you're developing a program using Microsoft's tools (e.g. Visual Studio) and getting unexpected behavior or just need help then go ahead and call official support. AFAIK if it is a problem with Microsoft product you will not be charged for it. Also you might have some support incidents included with your copy of Visual Studio.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:13 PM
  • Many thanks Ilya for your reply ,

But I'm asking about my application if it throws an exception , I need it to send me a report with information about this error so I can fix it in my application :

Try

'Code and functions that may cause an error

Catch ex As Exception

'Here I need to know how to send a report if my code throws an exception

End Try

Many thanks in advance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help ,Don't forget to Vote the answer as Helpful if it helps
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:41 PM
  • There's no standard way to do that so you can do pretty much anything you want here.

If you know device has email configured then you can send yourself an email with this information.

If you know there's network connection then you can upload that data via web service.

If you have connection to the database then you can submit it to that database.

If you have occasional connectivity then you can store the information locally and then upload as connectivity is availible.

So just do whatever makes sense for your case.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:14 AM
  • Many thanks Ilya for your help ,

But can you provide me with a topic or a video series that talk about these different ways you mentioned , Like how to check if there is a connectivity and send error report to a Specified Email , or writing these errors into log file and sending it when there is available connection ???

Many thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:37 AM
  • The tutorial you were asking seems to be too specific to find. Here is a thread which can show you how to send emails:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/885b5bff-2fbb-4ac7-a1d2-14fe7169d11b 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Friday, April 16, 2010 8:31 AM