Progress Bar Issue with MS Sample MPEG MFT Decoder ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have used Microsoft's SDK sample MPEG Decoder MFT. I have customized it to support H264 contents. But Still when it is playing usign that decoder, the progress bar is not at all moving, when i play through it in Window Media Player. It stays in the beginning and and if I seek through it ...it is also not working fine.

Any Idea Guys ???

~ Richter

Friday, September 7, 2012 10:43 AM

Answers

• The lack of the timeline in Windows Media Player would suggest that the media source could not generate the duration for the content.  What is the MF_PD_DURATION value on the presentation descriptor attributes?  You can see this by loading the file in TopoEdit and clicking on the source, if you do not have another means.

• Marked as answer by Richtergen Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:20 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I was actually missing the timestamps in output samples. That was the cause.

~Richter

• Marked as answer by Richtergen Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:42 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:42 AM

All replies

• Well, the problem with the progressbar might not be a problem with the decoder but rather with the media source. what media source are you using?
    Friday, September 7, 2012 11:25 AM
  • The lack of the timeline in Windows Media Player would suggest that the media source could not generate the duration for the content.  What is the MF_PD_DURATION value on the presentation descriptor attributes?  You can see this by loading the file in TopoEdit and clicking on the source, if you do not have another means.

• Marked as answer by Richtergen Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:20 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I was actually missing the timestamps in output samples. That was the cause.

~Richter

• Marked as answer by Richtergen Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:42 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:42 AM