none
Headless machine with a Pop-Up - Word saving doc as pdf. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we are running an application which uses Office 2010 Word on Windows 7 to automatically save word documents to pdf.  Once in a while users attempt to save a password protected word doc.  They open the doc with their password.  Here is our issue, this machine is headless, and word puts a Pop-Up warning:  "This document is password protected.  Saving this in a format other than a Word document will result in the loss of this protection.  Do you want to continue? Yes No Help POP-UP

Question:  How can I disable this Pop-up?

Ideally I can find a registry and disable it.

Cheers

-tom

I also ran Process Monitor but didn't see the Pop-Up called anywhere...

-Tom

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Tom,
    Thank you for posting.

I found this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tcyt0y1f(v=vs.80).aspx
    One person also want this requirement which is described in the community content. And there is a reply says:

"For files that don't need a password, the InterOp assembly apparently ignores the password you pass in.
    To suppress the password dialog on files that are password protected (and skip working with those files); pass in a garbage password and catch the exception that is thrown when the password doesn't match."

You can take a try about the suggestion to see whether it works for you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:48 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,
    Thank you for posting.

I found this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tcyt0y1f(v=vs.80).aspx
    One person also want this requirement which is described in the community content. And there is a reply says:

"For files that don't need a password, the InterOp assembly apparently ignores the password you pass in.
    To suppress the password dialog on files that are password protected (and skip working with those files); pass in a garbage password and catch the exception that is thrown when the password doesn't match."

You can take a try about the suggestion to see whether it works for you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:48 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hi Tom,

How about the problem on your side? Do you still need any assistant about the problem? If you still show any concern on the problem, just feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:01 AM