Customize and deploy base windows store app for different customers

Question

• Hello,

We have a base windows 8 universal store app that changes content depending on a JSON file it receives.  Each JSON file is supposed to be a different application, therefore we would just need to create a new project to change the assets and the manifest file, but we are not able to reference the ".shared" project created in the universal app. It does not display in the references list. Is there any way to reference it ? or what other approach shoud we use ?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:58 AM

Answers

• I am not really sure what your approach here is, but I was able to manually put in a reference to a Shared project by copying the Imports command from the .csproj file of a project that references the Shared project. 

<Import Project="..\RefUniProjects.Shared\RefUniProjects.Shared.projitems" Label="Shared" />

Make sure that the path is good and the reference appears.  I have not tested this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:23 PM

All replies

• I am not really sure what your approach here is, but I was able to manually put in a reference to a Shared project by copying the Imports command from the .csproj file of a project that references the Shared project. 

<Import Project="..\RefUniProjects.Shared\RefUniProjects.Shared.projitems" Label="Shared" />

Make sure that the path is good and the reference appears.  I have not tested this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:23 PM
  • Thanks, doing it manually did the trick. :)
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:01 AM