How can I deploy a .net application? RRS feed

• Question

• User-432119865 posted

Could anyone please help me?

I've just finished a .net Application. I used Visual Studio 2008 (c#), and SQL Server 2008. My environment is comprised by this:

1. Network Server: Windows 2003 Server R2, here there is the domain controller. In this server there are two NICS, one that is connected to the ISP which have assigned a public IP to it. The other nic is used for the internal network (the LAN in the company)

2. Application Server: Windows 2008 Server R2. Here I have my .NET application and the Sql Server 2008 with Reporting Services 2008.

Now the problem: What process I must follow to make my application seen on the Internet (currently I am able to run the application from any computer in my LAN, but I do not know what to do to make it run from anywhere)

Would you please help me with this issue or point me to any article or site that explains me this in detail?

P.S. The application server is not inside the company domain. Is it necessary to be in the domain to fix the problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Marco

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:18 AM

Answers

• User-59962394 posted

Hi

Please see the link below. I used it to deploy VS2008 project.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647403.aspx

Also to run the application from outside, you may have to open some port. I am not sure but IT support guys will know this better.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:57 AM