Retrieving Instance Annotations added in EntityFrameworkDataService.HandleException Method via DataServiceContext RRS feed

• Question

• The EntityFrameworkDataService.HandleException method exposes properties to add Instance annotations when an exception is encountered via the HandleExceptionArgs.InstanceAnnotations property. My application needs to write some custom information for certain types of exceptions and is attempting to use these properties. I am unable to find a way to retrieve the data I write into the HandleExceptionArgs.InstanceAnnotations using the DataServiceContext. The pipeline methods below do not seem to fire (in fact I cannot get OnFeedEnded to fire even on sucessful updates).

Configurations.ResponsePipeline.OnEntryStarted(OnEntryStarted);
    Configurations.ResponsePipeline.OnEntryEnded(OnEntryEnded);
    Configurations.ResponsePipeline.OnFeedEnded(OnFeedEnded);

Can you please provide me some direction on how to retrieve Instance Annotations on the client when an exception is fired? It seems strange to expose the ability to write them but to not have any way of retrieving them. Thanks.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:30 AM

All replies

• you can save the data to database when an exception is fired.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Hi Grep,

You could try extend your wcf service. You could refer to the link as below for more information.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carlosfigueira/2011/06/07/wcf-extensibility-ierrorhandler/

Best regards,

Cole Wu

Monday, February 1, 2016 7:06 AM