none
POP3 ERROR: ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. RRS feed

• Question

• I have had this process in place for years now.  A week ago it started giving me this error:

The adapter "POP3" raised an error message. Details "The POP3 adapter could not authenticate on the server using supplied credentials. 
     Please check the authentication scheme and credentials. 
     URL: POP3://'exchangeserver'.com#email_user 
     Error: -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. ".

I took out our server details and user.  I can login to that mailbox via web outlook on the server so I know the credentials are correct.  I also have another POP3 integration on this server that is working fine so it is not all POP3 traffic.

I have confirmed with our exchange admin that the account is not locked.  

I have tried this on our DEV, TEST, and PROD servers all pointing to the same exchange folder, and they all give me this error.  Could BizTalk and exchange be locking each other out in some way? I am at a loss here.

I am running on windows server 2012, BTS 2013

Thanks.

• Edited by jak67 Friday, May 19, 2017 3:12 PM
    Friday, May 19, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Have you tried with another (3rd party) POP3 client and connect to the failing mailbox?

Is the other POP3 integration with the same Exchange server?

rgds/Peter

Saturday, May 20, 2017 9:37 AM
  • where you able to solve this? I have exactly the same issue … If you have a moment, Thanks. 

Bico Bielich

Monday, September 3, 2018 11:57 PM
  • Check your authentication scheme.  Support in BizTalk doesn't seem the most flexible.  This will have to line up with what your mail server supports.  You may also have to toggle SSL support, and ensure that the mail server's certificate lines up with the hostname you're using etc.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    Read my articles on: BizTalk | .NET

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Kind regards for your prompt response... Peace.

Bico Bielich

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 1:44 PM