none
REMOTE DEBUGGING IN VISUAL STUDIO 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to execute a SSIS package via Visual studio 2017. There is a script task used in vb which tries to hit a webservice wsdl.. While executing the task I get an error as Unable to step into the server. Remote debugger is not supported.

The remote debugger is enabled on the remote computer.

Can someone please help with this.TIA.

• Moved by May Luo-MSFT Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:54 AM it is a debugger issue
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi SAHRISH

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s project type you used in VB? WPF, WCF or ASP .NET?

In general, it can occur whenever your project is not set up properly. Debugging must be enabled with the following code in the app.config or Web.config file:

<system.web>  
      <compilation debug="true" />  
    </system.web>  

Meanwhile, checking if you installed correct version of remote tool with the same architecture as the machine you're installing them on. For example, if you want to debug a 32-bit app on a remote computer running a 64-bit operating system, install the 64-bit remote tools.

Have you run remote debugger with admin privilege? If not, please close it the re-run as admin.

Then please have a look with docs to confirm there are correct configuration and steps to remote debugger.

if issue persists, please share us more detail info and error snapshot here.

looking forward your reply.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Edited by May Luo-MSFT Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Friday, April 19, 2019 6:28 AM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:44 AM
  • hi friend,

long time no hear any update for your issue.

may i ask if this issue was solved or not? we are happy to discuss with you deeply. or if you have not any trouble in it. please tell me and share your workaround or mark my reply as answer, after that i will help you close this issue. 

thank you for your understanding.

May  

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 22, 2019 9:12 AM