Issue in getting an absolute path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When i am build my project corresponding DLLs file are getting at below location:

TestResults/Defaultfolder/Out

and also in the project bin location which is mentioned in the properties of the project.

When i am trying to find out the absolute path it is taking the path of dlls saved in the Out folder instead of bin folder. Have I made any change in the settings due to which this thing is happening?

Please help how can i fix this issue.

Thanks

Paras Agarwal

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Paras,

Check if you have enabled Deployment Items in your testsettings. If yes then the base directory is inside the TestResults folder and if it is disabled then it will be in the bin folder.

Regards,

Pankaj

Utility to run CUIT Ordered Tests for multiple iterations @ http://cuitbatchrunner.codeplex.com/

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:34 PM
  • Hi Paras,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

+1 to Pankaj.

Out folder and subfolders. Each test run folder contains a folder named Out. The Out folder is the actual deployment folder. Assemblies and other files or folders that are required for the test run are copied to the <solution>\TestResults\<test run>\Out folder every time that a test run is started.

For detailed information, see “How to: Configure Test Deployment”, it also share the information about how to turn deployment on or off.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Paras,

Check if you have enabled Deployment Items in your testsettings. If yes then the base directory is inside the TestResults folder and if it is disabled then it will be in the bin folder.

Regards,

Pankaj

Utility to run CUIT Ordered Tests for multiple iterations @ http://cuitbatchrunner.codeplex.com/

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:34 PM
  • Hi Paras,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

+1 to Pankaj.

Out folder and subfolders. Each test run folder contains a folder named Out. The Out folder is the actual deployment folder. Assemblies and other files or folders that are required for the test run are copied to the <solution>\TestResults\<test run>\Out folder every time that a test run is started.

For detailed information, see “How to: Configure Test Deployment”, it also share the information about how to turn deployment on or off.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:38 AM