none
Syncing Master Projects with SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a master schedule on a SharePoint site by importing subprojects from the site's task lists.  I am able to make adjustments to the task lists that go up to the master schedule. However, when I try to make connections from task list to task list through the master project schedule, the task relationships do not translate down to the subprojects.  Is it possible to maintain a master project schedule in SharePoint without Project Server?
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:10 PM

Answers

• short answer is no, Master Scheudles are not supported in this scenario.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by fosteraa89 Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:06 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:46 PM
  • yes, Master Schedules are supported in Project Server and Project Online.

Cheers,

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:05 AM

All replies

• short answer is no, Master Scheudles are not supported in this scenario.

Cheers,

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:46 PM
  • Thank you, Prasanna!  Are Master Schedules supported with Project Server?
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:03 PM
  • yes, Master Schedules are supported in Project Server and Project Online.

Cheers,

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Thank you.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:06 PM
  • So I'm confused.  I cannot find an formal, legitimate documentation from 'Microsoft' saying master projects and subordinate projects are supported in SharePoint while being stored there.  Yet, a clever client of mine has done this. They created a subsite, uploaded test subordinate project files along with a master into this document library.  Then they opened the master and added the subordinates as subprojects.  Then then linked tasks within the master.  This all worked.  While I've seen comments going back and forth, I have to say I've seen just as many saying it is supported and not supported.  Some of the supported comments say you must use a third part tool.  So where is the official statement from Microsoft?  Where can I find that this is supported?

I have pics of this working which I can upload later.  I linked two tasks across subordinate/master projects.  I did this using a full SharePoint reference such as 'https://extranet/company name/sites/.....  This isn't surprising from a master/subordinate project.  What is, is that these projects are all stored in SharePoint.  This is the catch and I cannot find anything legitimate that says this is or isn't supported with SharePoint.  The client is using an on-premise SharePoint server solution, not SharePoint online.

Friday, September 6, 2019 11:57 AM