GO TO DEFINITION not working for VS 2005 ... RRS feed

• Question

• So I am in a code behind page (aspx) I right click a method on an object ( example:  myObject.getvalue(xyz)  and select GO TO DEFINITION... It use to open up the class file, and jump to the line of code... Now, it takes me to the OBJECT BROWSER instead, not the desired result, nor the behavior I use to have... Any on how to fix this or such?

Warren

Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:23 PM

Answers

• What is your code source look like, if you attempt to go to a method within a non-source class, it will lead you to the metadata definition instead of the source code.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:04 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2008 5:12 AM

All replies

• What is your code source look like, if you attempt to go to a method within a non-source class, it will lead you to the metadata definition instead of the source code.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:04 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2008 5:12 AM
  • It is a vb.net class lib that I have written myself.  I added the class lib to the project and can open and edit the code if needed...
    Monday, June 9, 2008 1:25 PM
  • It sounds that the source is excluded from the project, so it won't lead you to the source code. 
    The library assembly built only includes the definitions information.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:00 AM