none
fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'x64\Debug\myExectuable.exe'_LINK_ RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all, 

Recently I am getting the following error when trying to develop FORTRAN code using Microsolft Visual Studio 2010 Shell installed on a Microsoft Win7 Professional. 

Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'x64\Debug\myExectuable.exe' LINK

I´ve tried to manually delete the myExecutable.exe in the debug folder, but the executable keeps re-appearing and I keep getting the same error. 

I have also tried to go to services.msc and go to System Application and set the initiation to manual, but this did not help either. 

These are the solutions I had searched so far on Internet.  Sometimes when I try to rebuild the above error appears and sometimes it simply does not. 

Does anybody know what should I fix to get rid of this error?

Thanks in Advance for your help, 

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi helinix,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>> Recently I am getting the following error when trying to develop FORTRAN code using Microsolft Visual Studio 2010 Shell installed on a Microsoft Win7 Professional. 

To make sure whether it is related to the fortran, please create an new project to test this issue, don't use fortran.

If there is the same issue with the new project, I doubt that it is related to your visual studio, to make sure whether it is related to the installation, please go to Control Panel to repair your visual studio to see if it helps.

It there isn't issue with the new project, I doubt that it is related to the Fortran.

You may need this Visual Fortran Compiler 15.0, you can check the detail information on this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-for-windows-required-and-optional-microsoft-development-software

BTW, for fortran issue, you could post your thread on Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows forum. You will get more useful help there.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:18 AM