64bit machine: connect VS2010 with oracle RRS feed

• Question

• User664737243 posted

I faced error with connecting 64bit machine with oracle 11g client,i.e., ORAOLEDB.Oracle not registered on local machine

To resolve this follow below steps:
    # install Oracle 11g client 64bit and select Runtime only say
    c:\ora119\product\11.2.0\client1\

# Donwload ODAC 32bit from below link
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-101290.html
    and choose client option & not server

# put it in same Oracle base, where you've installed 64bit oracle client but in different sub folder say, c:\ora119\product\11.2.0\client1_vst\

# Put tnsnames.ora files under network\admin of both folders

Please reach me incase you face any issues

Cheers!
    - Sumit

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• User-933735073 posted

Hi... I followed your Steps but still i am getting error. Please go through my error explaied below.

I have developed a Web Application in ASP.Net 4.0 in Windows 7. I connected to a Remote Oracle Database (with Read Only Permission) using Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle AND Provider=MSDAORA. Both is working Fine when I am running it in Visual Studio 2010 and in IIS7 (with TRUE to Enable 32 bitsApplication).

But when I copied it my Server which is in Windows Server 2003 (64-bit OS) with IIS 6.0 it is throwing Error that MSDAORA is Not Registered in Local Machine AND same with OraOLEDB Not Registered in Local Machine.

When I changed setting in IIS 6.0 to run the Application as 32-bit Application, whole site stops working throwing an error SERVICE UNAVAILABLE.

I already installed Oracle11g Provider for OLE DB-64bit AND Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) in the Server but No posiitive Results has come yet.

Please advice on how to proceed to tackle such errors. Would be thankful for any kind of help

-Sumit

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:23 AM