none
PowerBi Connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Currently we can connect to Azure blob storage in powerbi via Access keys.

Is there any way by which we can connect to blob via SAS URL or AD authentication feature?

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hello Nandan,

Thanks for posting here!

You can refer the steps mentioned in the following link on "How you can connect to blob storage with a shared access signature(SAS) in PowerBI". See if that helps you!

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hello Yashwant, Thanks for this solution.

I was partially able to implement this in my data model. I have a single .csv file in my blob container which i want to use. I have followed the steps mentioned above and was able to get the BinalyFiles column but when i try to drill down, i am not able to extract the data.

It is giving me an error as - ACCESS TO THE RESOURCE IS FORBIDDEN.

In the data source settings, I am using Windows authentication method to connect to the blob container. 

Seek your guidance here. Can you please let me know which authentication method should I use? Also if there are any other steps that i need to follow.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:42 AM
  • To understand the issue much better, could you help us by providing screenshots here?

Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Hi Mundadarahul,

Even i have reproduced your issue at my end and getting the same error "Access to the resource is forbidden" as shown in the below. This is more related to PowerBI issue. Hence, I would recommend you to post your query on PowerBi Community forum to get better help from right experts.

Friday, June 21, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Thanks a lot Yashwant for the help! I will check with PowerBI Community Forum. :)
    Monday, June 24, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Monday, June 24, 2019 9:40 AM