none
List DataSheet View unable to open RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am on SharePoint foundation 2013 version, I am trying to edit the list using DataSheet however its giving error as,

The Datasheet view of this list cannot be displayed. Please make sure you have office client installed, and that you are using internet explorer 32 bit. Also, if you are running office 2013, or windows 8, you might need to install Data Connectivity Services from Microsoft before you can use the datasheet control.

I am on office 365 pack.

Any pointer for this would be very helpful.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi

The editing in Datasheet view functionality in SharePoint is not supported when installing 64-bit Office 2013 client in you machine.
    Please download and install 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components from the Microsoft website, and try again.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Hi GaneshPat,

1. Open an office client application such as Word->File->Account->About word, check if the version of office is 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you are using 64 bit, try to switch to use 32-bit Office application and check if the issue exists.

2. What’s the browser you use to open the datasheet view of a list? Make sure the browser supports ActiveX controls.

3. If you use IE, go to Tools->Internet Options-> Security tab->Custom Level->scroll down to ActiveX controls and plugins, make sure “Run ActiveX controls and plugins” and “Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting” are enabled.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, June 28, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Hi GaneshPat,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:57 AM
  • Didn't help 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:20 AM