Azure CDN Region RRS feed

• Question

• I'm setting up a new CDN profile for testing using the newly released MS Azure CDN. I've previously been using a Verizon CDN in Azure without issue.

However, upon creation the location of the new item is 'West US' despite all other resources being 'North Europe'. I had no option to choose this.

I want to ensure this doesn't cause any issues. I'm adding CDN to a storage provider and thus I created the CDN endpoint from within the Storage provider blade.

After tweeting the support team they got me to check creation and the location is greyed out.

I have an endpoint using verizon cdn pointed to the same storage provider that is North Europe without issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please clarify where the location is greyed out?

When creating a CDN profile, the Resource Group location will be greyed out and cannot be changed as it uses the location of the Resource Group that you specify.

Just to note, Azure CDN is global and not tied to a specific location. It's the location of the Resource Group which stores the metadata associated with the CDN profile. This location will have no impact on the runtime availability of your CDN profile.

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click Here

Thursday, October 25, 2018 12:01 PM