none
TAP device not recognized? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing CTP2, and trying to understand the effort necessary to port existing XPe drivers using ICE.

I have a target with some special HW and the required drivers (*.sys, *.inf).  I copied the sub-folder with the support files to the Out-of-Box Drivers folder in the Distribution Share and imported my .pmq.  The PNP ID for my HW was listed in the import, but with a "!".  How do I verify that the import actually brought in the drivers in my folder?

Thanks,
    Dean

Friday, December 4, 2009 4:44 PM

All replies

• The ImportPMQ functionality in ICE brings in the matching drivers that exist in the Distribution Share.  For any unmatched drivers, you would have to explicitly add.  If you look at the Help documentation in ICE, you'll find various ways to add Out-of-Box drivers to your configuration.  Check out the "Add a Third-Party Driver..." sections in Building Images->Build an Answer File Using Image Configuration Editor->Add Drivers to an Answer File.  There're instructions on how to add those drivers to your configuration.

Ivan

Friday, December 4, 2009 7:11 PM
  • The folder and files I added to the Out-of-Box folder had a .inf that should have satisfied the PnP scan - it was satisfactory in XPe.

So my question is: when ICE imports a .pmq, does it also search .inf files in all Out-of-Box folders added to the Distribution Share?  I understood your response above to be "yes", but that's not the behavior I'm seeing.

Thanks,
    Dean

Friday, December 4, 2009 8:09 PM
  • I should have been more clear.  The ImportPMQ functionality in ICE brings in the matching *in-box* drivers that exist in the Distribution Share.  For third party out-of-box drivers, they need to be added and handled explicitly.

Let me know if you have questions specific to adding out-of-box drivers.

Ivan
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:29 PM
  • How do I add the third party drivers? I'm sure there is some documentation about this, only I cannot find it :(
    Sander
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:17 AM
  • You add the drivers to the distribution share under out-of-box drviers. My book has some details: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGWES7.html

Here is some example board packages that provide examples: http://www.sjjmicro.com/Prod_Intel_Atom.html

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:01 PM