how to update a expired credit card? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Last year I registered my store dev account with a credit card which expires at 2012-12.

Now I received a new card of course with new expiration date and new CCV.

However, when I want to update my credit card info, it asks for the CCV. I can't pass the verification because the old card is useless now...

Can smart Microsoft people point me a way of how to change my credit card info?

Thanks

Ying

Saturday, March 9, 2013 1:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• You should be able to do it here

https://account.live.com/summarypage.aspx

Saturday, March 9, 2013 4:56 PM
  • Thanks Ken. I checked the link you mentioned, from there I can change some personal information such as address and phone number. But I still do not see a place to change my credit card info.
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:28 AM
  • Billing was listed on my page

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/

• Marked as answer by ying.xiong Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:36 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:58 AM
  • Hi ying.xiong

You should be able to change this directly through your dashboard. Login to your dashboard and go to your subscription tab. Click Modify and then go through the prompts and add your new card. You will need to use the new CVV when prompted to enter it. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

Monday, March 11, 2013 3:40 PM
  • Thanks Jesse. I just tried again to confirm that when prompted to input the CVV after clicking modify, neither the new and old CVV can get me through.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:25 AM
  • Ken, I opened you link and look around again. I realized that there is a small drop down link on the top right that selects you country. By default it's US, which shows nothing for me. I change it to CN (I am form China), then I see my credit card. However it's a good and bad news. After I update my card expiration date, I go back to Dashboard, when I want to modify my payout/subscription info, I see an error "You are not authorized to perform this action.". What happened and what can I do next?

I have sent a support ticket to Microsoft support (ticket: 1199842701), Hope someone can see and help.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Thanks, Ken. I finally get through my CVV check. I marked your reply as an answer.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:37 PM
  • I' new to the store. I was get same notice that "You are not authorized to perform this action."

How long I can get my opportunity to edit this form or how can I solve this issue?

I have to submit my app before 21st Jun 2013 for summer apps competition.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:32 AM
  • Hi,

I had same problem but i resolved that by below method.

Just Send a mail to the Windows Store Support Center. They Will release CVV verification. After they release it will not ask CVV Verification again for 3 days. then you can update your credit card details.

• Proposed as answer by Gnanadurai A Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:24 PM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:20 PM