What is a good book focused on Blend? RRS feed

• Question

• I know this is not a technical question but I am in dire need of a good book that focuses on UI using Blend.

I have many WPF and Silverlight books but most focus on ObservableCollections, String Arrays etc. I know how to do all that but struggle to a point of misery when creating UIs.

I would be grateful to get  recommendations on books that cover states, timelines, triggers and default control template restyling.

Thanks All!

• Edited by DaveCS Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:40 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:12 AM

Answers

• Foundation Expression Blend 4 With Silverlight - Victor Gaudioso = Great place to start

Pro Expression Blend 4 - Andrew Troelson - Great step up after that

These forums - Excellent for keeping up and filling in the blanks

Best of luck :)

Check out the Gooroovster Windows Phone App! Also, please mark answers as helpful when used, and answered when completed.

• Marked as answer by DaveCS Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:53 AM

All replies

• Foundation Expression Blend 4 With Silverlight - Victor Gaudioso = Great place to start

Check out the Gooroovster Windows Phone App! Also, please mark answers as helpful when used, and answered when completed.

• Marked as answer by DaveCS Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:53 AM

Just bought Foundation Expression Blend 4 With Silverlight. Awesome! 

Thanks a million, Dave

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:20 AM