Best place to ask for help ? RRS feed

• Question

• User366 posted

I was wondering... there is obviously here, but also the "olds" mailing lists (like monodroid@lists.ximian.com) and finally stackoverflow ?

Or some even more dedicated (paid?) support channel ?

I really am stuck with a monodroid problem and my company is getting anxious about it as I can't give them answers about the possible (or not?) solution to our problem..

Regards.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:33 AM

Answers

• User59 posted

I'd say:

• Stackoverflow
    • Here (or maybe the old lists, not sure if they are active - MT one is quite dead and I try to steer people here if I can)
    • support@xamarin.com
    • Pay for support (ie, the top product level), and then email support@xamarin.com

In that order (worst to best)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:36 PM

All replies

• User65 posted

If it's mission critical contact support@xamarin.com.

Monday, April 22, 2013 2:48 PM
  • User366 posted

Thanks I'll try that then since I can't get a better answer :)

Monday, April 22, 2013 11:50 PM
  • User59 posted

I'd say:

• Stackoverflow
    • Here (or maybe the old lists, not sure if they are active - MT one is quite dead and I try to steer people here if I can)
    • support@xamarin.com
    • Pay for support (ie, the top product level), and then email support@xamarin.com

In that order (worst to best)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:36 PM
  • User48 posted

I'm still fielding questions on the monodroid email list, but it's effectively dead; traffic has fallen by ~1/2 since the introduction of forums, and far more people ask questions on the forums.

My only lament is that I don't answer stackoverflow.com questions unless referenced from a forums post. There's just not enough time...

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:54 AM