Problem fetching field data from rdlc report RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to automate an application. Using UI Spy I found that the Control Type for a cell in rdlc report is ControlType.Text. I have been trying to retrieve the value in the cell but have been unable to do so. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve data from a rdlc report and some information on ControlType.Text.

How can I get the Values from the report?

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As we know, RDLC file is just the client report definition file, if you want to fetch field data from it, why not get directly from the database? I think it is simple and convenient.

The following article described how to directly export data in WORD/PDF format without showing the data as a report in the page:

#Exporting to Word/PDF using Microsoft Report (RDLC) without using Report Viewer.
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/492739/Exporting-to-Word-PDF-using-Microsoft-Report-RDLC

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As we know, RDLC file is just the client report definition file, if you want to fetch field data from it, why not get directly from the database? I think it is simple and convenient.

The following article described how to directly export data in WORD/PDF format without showing the data as a report in the page:

#Exporting to Word/PDF using Microsoft Report (RDLC) without using Report Viewer.
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/492739/Exporting-to-Word-PDF-using-Microsoft-Report-RDLC

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:42 AM
  • Thanks. For the suggestion. But just out of curiosity is there a way to fetch data directly instead of using database using automation?
    Monday, December 30, 2013 5:21 AM
  • Thanks. For the suggestion. But just out of curiosity is there a way to fetch data directly instead of using database using automation?

As far as I know, the answer is no...

Monday, December 30, 2013 11:19 AM