Windows phone 10 Unit Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I try to run Unit test App (Universal Windows ) in device (950 XL). I am getting following message

Registering the application to run from layout...

Deployment complete (0:00:04.821). Full package name: "35432660-13b6-4471-8d94-23bc67a49171_1.0.0.0_arm__d9tj34hgsx1bj"

Failed to initialize client proxy: could not connect to test process .

My Device Info:

Version: 1607

OS Build : 10.0.14393.67

How to resolve this?

raja

• Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Friday, September 9, 2016 6:08 AM move to correct forum
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi rajashanmugam,

Since your question was more related to Unit Test, I would help you move to "Visual Studio Unit Testing" forum for a better support.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 9, 2016 6:09 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam,

According to your description, please share me which type of Visual Studio you used. In my side, I have created a Unit Test for UWP, and run it in local machine without any problems. Please refer to the following steps to troubleshot this issue:

1). You could run the test in local machine, which could help us to know whether this issues caused by device (950 XL) or the test project.

2). Please run your VS in administrator, which could help us to get the enough permission.

3). If this issue happened recently and it works fine before, this may be related to the third party plugins in your VS. Please run your VS in safe mode. Please refer to the following steps:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type “devenv /SafeMode”

4). You could create a new Unit Test App (Universal Windows), and run it in 950XL to observer whether has the same issue. If this issue occurs again, this may be related to your VS, I think you should repair your VS. If not, this issue may be caused by the project.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 12, 2016 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am running VS in Administrator Mode.

I have created a Universal Test App(Universal Windows) with a dummy test. when i run the test in "Mobile Emulator 10.0.10586.0 WVGA 4 inch 512MB" it's passing.

But when i run the test in 950 XL(multiple device with below version) i am getting  

Failed to initialize client proxy: could not connect to test process .

Version:1607

OS Build:10.0.14393.67

I have another 950 XL with below version, the tests are running successfully.

Version:1511

OS Build:10.0.10586.11

Do you think it is because of the device and it's version?

raja

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:39 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam,

According to your above response, this may be related the version of OS. You could refer to the following screenshot to create a new Unit Test for OS Build:10.0.14393.67. Then run it to your device to observer whether has the same information.

Please free feel to let me know you latest results, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 16, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

So that means the UnitTestApp that has been developed in WP8.1 and UWP 10 (Build 10586) will not run on below device(950 XL) with below version ?

Version:1607

OS Build:10.0.14393.67

raja

Friday, September 16, 2016 4:26 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam,

Because according to your description, this may be caused by the version, so I suggest you created a new Unit Test only for OS Build:10.0.14393.67 to observe whether has the same issue.

I think the Unit Test could run in OS Build:10.0.14393.67, because at the first of creating the Unit Test project, VS ask me to select which version we needed, and the version of OS Build:10.0.14393.67 is listed. So Unit Test is support the OS Build:10.0.14393.67.

Above reply I posted is to check whether it could run in OS Build:10.0.14393.67 version.

Sincerely,

Oscar

• Edited by Oscar_Wu Friday, September 16, 2016 5:06 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 5:06 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

I have created a  UWP unittestproject with below version

And my device version is 

Version: 1607

OS Build: 10.0.14393.189

Still i could not able to run the test in device. Failed to initialize client proxy: could not connect to test process .

raja

Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:08 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam,

In my sided, I have tested the version of 1607, OS Build: 10.0.14393.189 in my lumia 830. The Unit test run without any problems. Here in my test result:

My VS version is 14.0.25431.01 Update3, and the version of Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps is 14.0.25527.01.

Please update your VS to the latest version, and update the Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps to the latest. Then try again.

Sincerely,

Oscar

• Edited by Oscar_Wu Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, September 23, 2016 9:26 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Oscar_Wu Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:11 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:11 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:56 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam,

After updating the Visual Studio, please feel free to let me know you latest result.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:05 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam

Whether you have updated your Win10 Environment to the same as the following thread? If yes, this is a bug after updating. Because in my side, I have not update my Win 10 Environment, so I could test this project without any paoblems.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/a3c87446-861a-4b6b-bfb8-fa8d124de1aa/coded-ui-tests-and-the-windows-10-anniversary-update?forum=vstest

Sincerely,

Oscar

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, September 30, 2016 9:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, October 7, 2016 10:00 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Hi Oscar,

I have updated with latest SDK and VS 2015 and it's tools, but still could not able to run the test in device.

raja

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:08 AM
  • Hi rajashanmugam,

Please refer to the above link, whether you have updated your OS.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:10 AM