none
Misterious error code 0x80004005. RRS feed

• Question

• i've made SSIS package and executed it perfectaly... then i made a job out of it and its was working just fine... i said was because since yesterday it stoped working (worked fine for about 6 weeks)... the message follows:
    "[SQL Server Destination [739]] Error: The attempt to send a row to SQL Server failed with error code 0x80004005."

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:13 PM

All replies

• the strange thing is that it Fails in the middle of the package... like it transfer some rolls (about 275.000) and BAM here comes the error....
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:16 PM
  • Hi,

You should implement logging in your package so you can provide a little more information about what's going wrong.  It could be as simple as one of the rows being transferred is invalid.

Cheers
    Jeff
    SQL Server MVP / WARDY IT Solutions, Solutions Architect
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Hi Leonardo,

As Jeff suggested, adding logging to your package will hopefully give you more information about the error. You could also try running SQL Profiler or looking at your SQL Server logs to see if there are more details about the error there.

Unfortunately, diagnosing errors with the SQL Server Destination can be tricky because of the way it loads data into SQL Server. You might want to use the OLEDB Destination instead (using SQL Native Client as your provider). The logging / error handling is typically better, and if you enable Fast Load, the performance will be similiar.

~Matt
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:11 PM
  • ok the thing is: i broke my big table (about 575.000 regs) into 3 tables... and guess what!?!? no problem... now im really lost...
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:38 PM