none
Macro-Read Enterprise Project Type Name RRS feed

• Question

• I'm writing macro in Project professional 2013. 

Trying to find name of the Enterprise Project Type of the active plan. But i don't see any property that gives me this value. Can someone help me to find it.

Thanks, Ram

Friday, February 19, 2016 11:58 AM

Answers

• Ram,

I contacted Rod and this is the response he offered.

"Nothing in the Object Browser for 2013 and I don't have access to P16 at the moment. All I can suggest is to enter a value into an Enterprise Custom Field, different for each template then read the custom field."

John

Monday, February 22, 2016 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You might start from this similar example for setting the department with VBA.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/b43c148f-5d02-412b-8271-24c3516e13d4/define-project-department-in-vba?forum=project2010custprog

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, February 19, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume  for your kind help.

I tried to find property on even ProjectSummaryTask as well, but no luck. There is property called, "Type" but this gives different info. Any other ways to get it?

Thanks, Ram

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:55 PM
  • kodanda,

I don't have Project 2013 and I don't use Project Server but I did find the following MSDN information which may be helpful.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/websvcworkflow.workflowdataset.enterpriseprojecttyperow.enterprise_project_type_name_di_pj14mref.aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=vb#code-snippet-1

It has some sample code for C# or VB. The latter should help translate to VBA. You should also look in the VBA object browser for the keywords "EnterpriseProjectType" and see if you get anything.

John

Friday, February 19, 2016 4:36 PM
  • Hi John, thanks for your suggestions.

Your inputs were helpful. I have been trying to get something out however seems EnterpriseProjectType property isn't available. This is available with Project Server object model on WorkFlow dataset but on MS Project object model, don't see such kind of workflow data and EnterpriseProjectType property. Even i don't see help from SDK.

MS Project's "Project" has no such type of object for EnterpriseProjectType. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn217669.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Any more inputs or suggestion to further on this. 

Appreciate all you help.

Thanks, Ram

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:36 AM
  • Ram,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Sorry I can't help further but I will send a note to Rod Gill, our resident Project VBA expert and see if he can shed any light. It may very well be that the Enterprise Project Type is simply not accessible through VBA, but he will know better than I.

John

Monday, February 22, 2016 4:07 PM
  • Ram,

I contacted Rod and this is the response he offered.

"Nothing in the Object Browser for 2013 and I don't have access to P16 at the moment. All I can suggest is to enter a value into an Enterprise Custom Field, different for each template then read the custom field."

John

Monday, February 22, 2016 8:56 PM
  • John, thank you for your extended support. Rod's suggestion is helpful.

Thanks, Ram

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:22 AM
  • Ram,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:57 PM