Following item failed to download RRS feed

• Question

• Setup has stopped because the item listed above could not be downloaded...

It dows that trying to install any Visual Studio Product.

Thursday, October 5, 2006 2:17 PM

Answers

•  

I have seen several problems like this, Make sure that your Virus or security systems allows the files to be downloaded... If that fails follow the manual instal procedures and download the CD Image files and install from the CD.

The problem you are having could be that your security systems on you network or Machine are stopping some of the internal download, or the network connection that you have is dropping to many packets and the install fails. Downloading the image will or should allow you to continue.

Saturday, October 7, 2006 7:46 AM

All replies

• Have you gone through the download troubleshooting guide?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/troubleshooting/

If you still have problems try to include more details about what is going wrong and what product it is. It might also be helpful to know what operating system you use.

Friday, October 6, 2006 1:04 PM
  • This has happened to me too.

The line says the same thing, and it stops at 22 mb out of 60 mb.  I'm just trying to download the .NET 2.0 Framework and Visual Basic Express...but it always stops saying that the .NET 2.0 Framework failed to download and it completely stops the setup.

I've tried everything on the list, and I still have been unable to download the software.  Any suggestions?
    Friday, October 6, 2006 9:15 PM
  • Utai,

use windows update to install .NET 2.0 or download it separatly and install.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Friday, October 6, 2006 9:49 PM
  • That was the same thing I was told to do by my fiancee.

I've got that downloaded now, but the new problem is this:

It's the same problem, but it happens this time with the VisualBasic program.  It gets to 36 mb/36 mb, but then it says "this program can't be completed as downloaded" and whatnot.
    Saturday, October 7, 2006 12:25 AM
  •  

I have seen several problems like this, Make sure that your Virus or security systems allows the files to be downloaded... If that fails follow the manual instal procedures and download the CD Image files and install from the CD.

The problem you are having could be that your security systems on you network or Machine are stopping some of the internal download, or the network connection that you have is dropping to many packets and the install fails. Downloading the image will or should allow you to continue.

Saturday, October 7, 2006 7:46 AM
  • I am having a similar issue with VC# express. The error I recieve is below.

The following item failed to Download:

Microsoft Visual C# 2005 express edition -ENU.

I go through the trouble shootign page and it tells me my BITS Service isn't workign correctly so I go and set it to manual, try agian. nothing, then i try the last step to enable it's dependencies, and it doesn't seem to have any. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:39 AM
  •  Reuomi wrote:
    I am having a similar issue with VC# express. The error I recieve is below.

The following item failed to Download:

Microsoft Visual C# 2005 express edition -ENU.

I go through the trouble shootign page and it tells me my BITS Service isn't workign correctly so I go and set it to manual, try agian. nothing, then i try the last step to enable it's dependencies, and it doesn't seem to have any. Any ideas?

Reuomi,

please check the logfiles in the %TEMP% folder. They will start with "dd_". You might be able to find a more precise error code to lookup on. If not please start a new thread in this forum with more details about your problem and we will try to help.

Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:20 AM