HCK USB-IF Certification Validation Test (Device), about log files. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to make a USB device pass the HCK tests and one of those tests is the

USB-IF Certification Validation Test (Device). We don't have a Test ID so the other

option is to provide log files. I installed USB20CV which test the device producing log

files. I place those log files (test have passed) into the C:\Usblogs folder as stated

by the HCK documentation but the command line still doesn't find it. There is no

usbifresults.txt produced by the USB20CV app though. And even if I respond Y to the

second prompt below the test fails.

Note:

I know the documentation (whck-usb-if-testing.docx) says to use USB30CV but that doesn't work on my PC

and I ain't testing a USB30 device so I used USB20CV instead.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:14 AM

All replies

• USB30CV requires UAC to be disabled and an usb.if library. (USB30CV-Readme.rtf)

However I have the same problem that I can't find usbifresults.txt in the result folder.

The USB30CV produces Chapter 9 Tests - USB 2.0 ... .log / .xml / .html instead of usbifresults.txt.

Should I need to do the interoperability test to produce to get the usbifresults.txt ?

JosJos

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Hello all,

anything new about that? I'm struggling with tests!

Brs

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:05 PM
  • I was able to run the USB30CV without any issues you do need to make sure your computer has a USB3.0 controller on it otherwise you will not pass many of the tests and your device needs to be plugged into that USB3.0 port even if it is only a USB2.0 device.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Same problem here except I used the USBCV30. The Passing Chapter 9 2.0 logs are in the c:/usblogs  Any help here microsoft? Windows 8.1 64
    • Edited by PleaseMstf Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:32 PM clarify
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:28 PM