none
how to get "Windows ACPI Design Guide for SOC Platforms"? RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

According to  "hid-over-i2c-protocol-spec-v01", we can refer to ACPI5.0 and "Windows ACPI Design Guide for SOC Platforms" for additional guild.

How can I get "Windows ACPI Design Guild for SOC Platforms". I cannot find it in MSDN.

Thank you.

Wills 

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:28 AM

Answers

• currently this document is not publicly available. who is your Microsoft representative/point of contact?  they can help you get access to the doc. If you don't have a point of contact, please email me and we can determine which OEM/silicon vendor you are working for.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:23 PM

All replies

• currently this document is not publicly available. who is your Microsoft representative/point of contact?  they can help you get access to the doc. If you don't have a point of contact, please email me and we can determine which OEM/silicon vendor you are working for.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:23 PM
  • Thanks so much.

1,Frankly, I am working for a silicon vendor,but we have no direct cooperation with MS currently.So I am not sure we are qualified to get this document. Or can we pay for it?    

We are investiagting  how to port one of our chips, a single-cell Li battery monitor IC, into win8/RT tablet. We have already impemented it on Android, and we are now seeking for some oppertunities on Windows.We think we must catch up this  trend of windows booming.

2, May I ask another quesiton, in current design of win8/RT tablet or win phone, like Nvida and Qualcomm's products, to implement such a battery monitor IC, do they MUST comply with a commom infrastructure which has beed defined by MS, like "windows acpi design guild for SOC platform", or every tablet vendor can do it in their own way like any of the  methods,such as  "battery class->mini battery class->bus driver",  or "acpi->HID class", or anything else?Wills.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 1:50 AM
  • You need to work closely with us to create a soc device, please email me, Doron.holan (at) Microsoft.com and we can sort this out further. BTW there is no battery class driver anymore

• Proposed as answer by Mike J Flora Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:59 AM